News & Events
YOUTH POWER! encourages its members and stakeholders to contribute materials for our various outreach initiatives.
- Outreach in Action Working Group: The Outreach in Action Working group is a committee comprised of young leaders of YP!. This group serves as an editorial advisory board for our publications.
- YP! eNews: The YP! eNews is sent about once a month. It contains relevant information for members and stakeholders. You can sign up for the eNews on the home page or below.
- YPA Listserv: The YPA Listserv sends out periodic newsletters with information on all things pertaining to Youth Peer Advocates including: upcoming trainings, credentialing updates, resources, supervisor supports, and professional development opportunities. You can sign up for the YPA Listserv below.
- Member Newsletter: This is published once a year. The Outreach Working group develops it. This is for members only.
For more information about YP!’s outreach initiatives and to learn how to contribute material, please email YP! at email@example.com.
NYISA Roleplay Game Day for Autism Acceptance Month! Albany, NY
Join us on a disability themed fantasy adventure! Fight ableism with magic and swords! Click here to view the FULL Flyer.
Who? Primarily youth (12+) with developmental or intellectual disabilities (But all are welcome to attend!)
What? Free food and fun at a fantasy Roleplay Game Day hosted by YOUTH POWER!
When? April 27th, 2019 from 1:00 – 4:00 P.M.
Where? Albany Public Library – Large Auditorium 161 Washington Ave, Albany, NY 12210 (1st Floor)
Registration is required to be guaranteed a seat to play the game. Register today at bit.ly/YPGameDay
Questions? Contact Zack Kilmer, NYISA Coordinator zkilmer@YOUTHPOWERNY.ORG or 518-708-3808
AMPLIFY-NY Youth Leadership Forums & Foundations for Leadership Workshops!
YOUTH POWER! of Families Together in New York State is excited to host a FREE opportunity available for youth and parent/caregivers in Central NY, Rochester, NY and Long Island, NY.
Registration is open for the 2019 Central Youth Leadership Forum (YLF) and accompanying Foundations for Leadership Workshop Series! The deadline to register for the YLF is May 1, 2019. For the Foundations for Leadership Workshop, the deadline is May 14th, 2019. Applications and frequently asked questions addressing common concerns have been attached; read below for more information!
**Please note: it is not required that youth and their parent/caregivers both attend the YLF to participate in this opportunity!**
2019 Youth Leadership Forum Series:
- Central YLF: May 18-21, 2019 | Holiday Inn Liverpool | Syracuse, NY: Registration Now LIVE! Click here to register for the Central YLF. The deadline to register is May 1, 2019.
- Western YLF: July 13-16, 2019 | Holiday Inn Downtown | Rochester, NY
- Long Island YLF: October 12-15, 2019 | Hyatt Regency | Long Island, NY
For more information about AMPLIFY-NY Youth Leadership Forums, click here!
Foundations for Leadership: A Parent/Caregiver Workshop Series:
- NYC – Thursday, March 14th, 2019 | Chatham Square Library | Manhattan, NY
- Central – Saturday & Tuesday, May 18 & 21, 2019 | Holiday Inn Liverpool | Syracuse, NY: Registration is Now LIVE! Click here to register!
The deadline to register is May 14th, 2019.
- Western – Saturday & Tuesday, July 13 & 16, 2019 | Holiday Inn Downtown | Rochester, NY