Code of Conduct
Know The Code:
I will help to create a youth peer community based on mutual respect and a sense of personal wellbeing. I will treat others with honor and respect because that is how I wish to be treated.
I have read the following rules, designed to promote the health and safety of all people attending UYP!. I have indicated my complete acceptance by signing the code of conduct form. If I am not a legal independent adult my parent/guardian has signed the code of conduct form as well.
- To the absolute best of my ability, I will attend and participate fully in the entire event.
- I will follow my assigned schedule. I will arrive on time, stay until the end of each required event.
- I will not participate in any activities that could be deemed as hazing, sexually harassing, demeaning, or hurtful.
- I agree to refrain from sexual behavior and public displays of affection while attending UYP!.
- I will not bring or use any weapons, firearms, or anything that may be construed as a weapon.
- I will not possess or distribute alcoholic beverages, even if I am of legal drinking age while on campus and attending UYP!.
- I will not possess, use, or distribute any illegal drug or drug paraphernalia.
- I will not commit any illegal act.
- I understand that vandalism, disturbing the peace, or other inappropriate behavior will not be tolerated.
- I understand that I will have to pay for any damage that I cause.
- I understand that no gambling is allowed, except for fundraisers approved by the YP! leadership.
- I understand that no guests are allowed unless the YP! leadership grants permission in advance, and that any unauthorized guests will be asked to leave immediately.
- If I take medications, I will ensure I take them responsibility.
- I agree to abide by any additional rules which may be announced and to accept the consequences of their violation.
- I will act responsibly and respectfully while traveling to and from this event.
- I am willfully attending this event and acknowledge that YP! does not allow young people to be forced to attend their events.
- I am a current guest student at The College of Saint Rose and will conduct myself in an adult manner accepting full responsibility for my decisions and actions.
- I am responsible for my own belongings.
- I am responsible for any costs associated with the loss of building keys and cards in which I was provided with at the event.
- The College of Saint Rose, the Office of Student Life and YOUTH POWER! are acting in good faith and will not be liable for damages, loss, expenses, or inconvenience related to: delayed departures or arrivals; cancellations, price changes; loss, damages, or injury to person or property; or any damage, loss, expense, or inconvenience resulting from any cause whatsoever.
- It is the policy of The College of Saint Rose that Security be called if there is an emergency. They will then determine if the police, fire department or ambulance services need to be called. Campus Safety can be reached at (518) 454-5187 for non-emergencies, 911 for emergencies from campus phones only, through emergency blue light boxes located around the campus and by pressing the security button on any campus phone.
I understand that violation of the code and our force policy could cause immediate expulsion from UYP! without refunded registration at the expense of the individual.