Become a YP! Ambassador
YP! Ambassadors represent their local area in spreading YP!’s mission and values across the state, help put on events, bring together local volunteers, and share opportunities.
YP! Ambassadors lead the way, helping YP! trial new ideas, develop creative initiatives, and provide input on our advocacy efforts. As a YP! Ambassador, you’ll informally encourage and advise your Regional Youth Partner and fellow ambassadors as we work to amplify our voices across the state.
There will be three types of YP! Ambassadors: Promotional, Support, and Operational. You can choose an Ambassador role that you like best or work your way through all! Each role has a unique series of tasks that you must complete in your Ambassador role. As you work through the different items, you’ll earn some cool gear and valuable experience along the way. As an Ambassador, YOU define your commitment and have the flexibility to meet the bare minimum or go above and beyond in your support of YOUTH POWER!. While there is no specific time commitment, we encourage and support YP! Ambassadors in making this role unique to their needs and interests.
To become and ambassador you must:
- Be eligible for and officially become a YP! member
- Agree to the Code of Conduct
- Participate in the YP! Ambassador Orientation
- Complete all tasks related to the Ambassador role of your choosing
Benefits of Becoming a YP! Ambassador
- Gain valuable advocacy, marketing, and leadership experience
- Build your resume and earn volunteer hours
- Receive promotional materials and exclusive YP! swag
- Gain recognition in newsletters, social media, and other platforms
- Get the inside scoop on upcoming events and opportunities
- Have unique opportunities for provide feedback
Support for YP! Ambassadors
As volunteers, the Regional Youth Partners are here to help you along the way. We are committed to ensuring you have what you need to be successful in this role. To do so, we will:
- Maintain a safe and brave space for all involved to have fun while leading on
- Be available for support and advice as needed
- Provide you with the tools you need, including promotional materials and training
- Acknowledge your time and dedication to further YOUTH POWER!’s mission whenever possible
- Take into consideration any feedback you have to offer about the work YOUTH POWER!
How to Become a YP! Ambassador
This new role will be launched later this spring. Stay tuned for details when this opportunity becomes available. In the meantime, be sure to connect with your local Regional Youth Partner.
Stay tuned for details when this opportunity becomes available.